Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The IPL Teams

When it comes to IPL I support RCB! Quite surprising for a tamil guy say some of my friends. Well this IPL i went for atleast 4 matches in Bangalore with friends wearing the RCB Jersey. I went to the rbk showroom to pick up some RCB jerseys for people in my office and guess what I see? A RCB T-shirt with Saurav Ganguly's name on it!!! I guess some IPL illiterate at rbk would have designed that. Interestingly one of my friends pointed out the striking resemblence between the RCB uniform and the Karnataka flag and at that point it appeared to be an Invisible Obvious.


When customers walk into the rbk store the sales guys were taking them to the IPL jerseys section to show them uniforms of RCB, KKR & CSK. Neither the customers nor the sales guys were interested in the KIXP jerseys. Some of them don't even want to touch those uniforms. Well guess that's what happens if you aren't winning any matches at all after playing for over a month.



I also went into the addidas store to pick up a Mumbai Indians team jersy for one of my team members. Before that I must tell you that rbk sells fan gears for four IPL team at the cost of 399 INR. Now the guy at the addidas store told me that the Mumbai Indians fan gear is going to cost me 1099 INR. When I pointed out that rbk sells fan gear for 399 INR he told me that the Mumbai Indians fan gear will cost 399 INR in Maharastra which is the home for that team and I have to buy a Bangalore team's fan gear outside Karnataka I'll be spending more. Well that's bullshit because I bought a Kolkata Knight Riders Fan gear in Bangalore for 399 INR. I guess rbk is making uniforms for four out of 8 IPL teams and addidas has got only 2 so they are trying to make up for that loss by hiking the price for a comparitively bad quality jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment