Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kabbe Holidays

A great holiday destination in Coorg, this place boasts of world class accomodation at really affordable cost, amazing food and most of all great hospitality that always makes you feel at home. Kabbe Holidays is the place to be if you need a perfet holiday. Dilip & Vidhya, the people who run this place are real sweet hearts and they always make you feel as part of their family.


When I first heard of this place I was told that they treat you like a king, I thought that is just for the sake of marketing, like other holiday desitnations advertise, but after vistng this place is when I realised how true that statement was. I have been to this place thrice between 2007 & 2009 (those are the only times we made it to Kabbe Holidays, if you count the number of times we've attempted but did not get booking is probably > 10) and everytime I go there it feels like going back home.

All the friends I have taken to Kabbe Holidays so far have gone back for another vacation sooner or later and they always have great things to say about this place and of course Dilip & Vidhya. Some of my friends even call me the Columbus of Kabbe Holidays coz I found the place first amongst all of us.

One thing you must never miss when you go there is to walk up the hill with Dilip, the view is fantastic and you can actually see Kerala while your foot is firmly rested in Karnataka. Probably you can also go up his cofee estate by evening and wakdown after sunset. There are a couple of places where Dilip can take you for some adventure sports. If you are into adventure sports you can try kayaking, rock climbing, raffling, paint balling, quadra bike, etc.

It is highly recomended that you ask Vidya to prepare the traditional pork fry and the dessert that is made with bread (not sure what its called but one thing for sure is that you can't stop eating it once you start). If it aint raining you can have a good time at the campfire, Vidya now has a new game that she plays in camp fires called "Jab We Met." I woulnd't want to reveal much details about this game here, you should get there and see it for yourself. I've always wondered how Vidhya manages to come up with so many different varieties of food, some of the things I've eaten / drank in Kabbe Holidays are things that you don't find anywhere else.

Everytime we plan for a trip with friends or everytime a good friend is asking for suggestions on a holiday spot the first place we think of is Kabbe Holidays. Not just because of the great place it is, but also because of the great bonding we share with Dilip & Vidya.

If you are looking for a peaceful, fun filled vacation Kabe Holidays is the place to be. But be sure you book the place well in advance so that you are not disappointed (I'd suggest for Christmas and New Year's you'll need to make a booking atleast a year in advance). Here are some of the pictures from my memorable trips to this place, alternatively you can know more details about this place in their website http://www.kabbeholidays.com/


The peak you see is actually half way to the hill top.






Dilip's coffee estate


One of the places where you can involve is some adventure sports



Below are some of the feebacks we wrote on the vistor's book whenever we had been there (There are more of the first impression comments and I haven't updated all the comments we put up in our consecutive visits).

3rd & 4th November 2006 (I came here with my team):

We took the wrong route and had a tiring and long journey. The best thing was none of had a clue about how this place is. We all were kind of getting skeptical as to how the place is going to be. When we reached here the very first interaction we had with Mr & Mrs Dilip was great. We felt like home after seeing the place. Then the food best of its kind, the way the food was served was also great / personalised service. The places we vsted around this place were the best, especially the treking part gave us an experience of a lifetime. This was one of the best refreshing vacations we've had. The only thing that bothered me was the leeches. In a nutshell this place is the "best of the best."


April 2007 (This was when I got my best friends to Kabe Holidays)

This is my second visit to Kabbe Holidays, the previous visit was in November 2006. This time it was much better (greater) that the previous visit because we stayed here for two days. Dilip is a star, he took us to his estate and let us walk back in the dark which was the most adventrous trek I've done in life. The next day Dlip took us to Kayaking and pushed me into the water inspte of me being extremely 'hydrophobic.' I don't know if that expeience was exciting but it was refreshing for sure. We then had a great time at the campfire with some antakshari, some toddy and lots of fun.

The food was exceptionally good and I'm gonna miss this food when I go back. The way the two new cottages were built is remarkable and I don't have words to express the hospitality of Dilip, Vidya & Dev. Now I feel that I'm a part of Dilip's family. What made me very happy was that I brought my best friends here for the frirst time and all of them really loved and enjoyed it to a great extent. I'm looking forward for many more excitng, enjoyable and adventrous trip back to Kabbe Holidays. I want to et my family here once and 'm sure they will love it. I call myself as 'Columbus' among my friends circle beause I discovered this wonderful place!

April 2007 (This is what Leeni wrote on their book)

Its a given this place is beautful, heaven on earth, but what has made our stay memorable were the wonderful people. Vidya is a sweetheart, best hostess I have ever met. Dilip going that extra mile to make memories for us (Late Night Jungle Safari). Dev, smart and full of life and an excellent sot and dancer.
Thank You doesn't exactly say it :-). We will be back.

April 2007 (This is what Amith wrote on their book)

Forget It!!! I never visited a resort I felt like I visted my relative's place and honestly never felt like I am new here. Excellent food (considering that I don't eat) Awesome hospitality. (Dilip, Vdya, Dev you rock).
Thanks for this wonderful experience. Many more visits to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment