Thursday, October 6, 2011

There is something in the Air!

Steve Jobs one of the greatest visionaries who steered Apple from the verge of collapse to a brand that redefined computing, media and entertainment way beyond our times.



The man who redefined computing, the man who gave us the iPod, the man who gave us the thinnest laptop in the world (which still remains unbeaten for 3+ years), the man who gave the world the greatest animation movies of all times (like Toy Story), the man who gave the world the best computer operating system, the man who made apple get back up on its feet and stand tall ever since his re-entry - is no more. The news of his demise has came across as a shock, I have never felt so bad in a long time.

His retirement in August, though it was expected came across as a shocker, we even saw a surge in the NSE owing to his retirement. And the news of his demise shortly after his retirement is more than what we can handle. 

Steve Jobs is one leader that I have admired the most, more so after reading the book "Inside Steve's Brain." I still remember the day he lauched the Mac Book Air, his phrase "There is something in the air" is probably one of the best phrases ever in a Product Launch. I don't think we've had a CEO of his caliber in the past and never will. Like the products he launched, Steve Jobs was a leader who was always way ahead of times that others could not even think about catching up.

There are many aspects that cry out loud as to why Steve Jobs is such a great leader, his letter of resignation is one such,

"To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:



I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.


I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.


As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.


I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.


I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you."
 
His life as a whole is an inspiring and fascinating tale. His greatness cannot be confined to just one blog post. He continues to live on in our hearts....
 
May his soul rest in peace, we'll miss you Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment